Sunday, January 13, 2013

Crock Pot Veggie Stew

In my effort to eat more vegetables (GAG) I made an all veggie stew and made myself choke it down.  OK so it was actually really good and surprisingly filling.  I filled a bowl, ate half and it kept me full for the whole night.  That is almost impossible.  That whole don't eat after 7 thing?  Doesn't happen for me or I starve ALL night long.  I have a crazy metabolism! 

Crock Pot Veggie Stew

2-Medium Sweet Potatoes-Peeled and cubed
4-Medium Red Potatoes-Cubed with peel (That is where those nutrients are)
2-Celery Stalks-Cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 bag Baby Carrots
2 Tbsp Onion-Diced or in chunks
1 garlic clove-diced
8 oz tomato sauce-or 2 actual tomatoes if you have them
1 Cup Chicken Broth
Paprika
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper-I didn't measure these, just kind of threw them in and adjusted for flavor!

Just throw them in a crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.  The sweet potatoes will fall to pieces but it makes the stew tastier (in my opinion).



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments:)