Thursday, May 17, 2012

Brown Sugar Chicken

Tonight was one of those nights that I didn't want to come home and cook after a long day at work but then I decided we should probably eat something besides cereal or sandwiches tonight. We have been busy with baseball and although I try my best to have some meals prepared it doesn't always happen.  I decided to check my Pinterest and see if anything was appealing and a recipe for brown sugar chicken stuck out.  4 ingredients and chicken in 15-20 minutes was exactly what I needed!




I LOVE LOVE LOVE Garlic!!  I think it should be in every meal, except dessert of course!  Not only is it delicious but it is healthy too (Don't tell my Fiance!).  He is not big on "healthy" food but we won't tell him that I always try to make our meals healthy but tasty....and again that is where the garlic comes in.



You heat some olive oil in a pan, add some garlic, cook it until it is a golden color then add brown sugar. Pour it over the chicken and bake at 500 degrees for 15-30 minutes.  Mine took about 20!  And VOILA!



Doesn't look like much but trust me when I say its Yummy!  Just make sure you use a pan that has high sides, guess who gets to clean the oven this weekend?  I added some salad with strawberries and some leftover honey lime vinaigrette from Mother's day and we have dinner!

Now I'm off to do the dishes, not so hard with a view like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments:)