Yesterday I did some quick meal prep and came up with two random recipes.
- Boiled eggs-I add a tsp of baking soda and boil for 20 minutes, the baking soda helps the shell come off easily. I tried that whole bring it to a boil and let it sit for 20 minutes and let me tell you the yolk will not cook!
- Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies-1 Cup Oatmeal, 2 bananas, 1/2 cup chocolate chip. Mash the banana and oats together, add chocolate chips. Form into balls, should make 12. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Great for a sweet tooth
- Turkey Sausage and Zucchini Pasta
- Pancakes-lots of pancakes
Turkey Sausage and Zucchini Pasta
- 8 oz Smoked Turkey Sausage-Cut into quarter sized pieces
- 1 Can Diced tomatoes
- 4 Cups water or Chicken broth
- 6 oz pasta of your choice-I used Smart taste Rotini
- 1 medium Zucchini-cut up
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 Bell pepper-I had this in the freezer
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Onion powder
|Looks yummy doesn't it?|
I don't know about you but I love pancakes! I do not like the crash I get after eating them though. I made some cottage cheese pancakes once before and discovered they actually filled me up and kept me full! yesterday I found two different protein pancake recipes and decided to just make up my own.
No Flour, Protein Pancakes
- 8 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese- I used lactose free
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
What is your favorite breakfast??