Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Black Bean "Tostadas" and Cilantro Lime Quinoa

Yesterday I got home from work and decided to work out. I burned about 500 calories and I was starrrrving! I couldn't make this dinner fast enough! I have been craving tostadas but have been staying away from fried food so I just put them on warmed up corn tortillas instead. It hit the spot!!  

Black Bean "Tostadas"

 Black Beans-1 Cup
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Pepper
 Corn Tortillas-This made about four, you could probably even squeeze out 6
 lettuce-optional
tomato-optional
cheese-optional
sour cream or greek yogurt-optional

Warm the beans with the spices then smash, you can skip this if you like and use the whole beans. You might need to add a little water to keep the beans from burning. Warm the tortillas, 10 seconds for each tortilla. Spread the beans on them and add lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream/yogurt.

 I needed a side for these and had quinoa already made in the fridge. If you don't know how to cook it, you do it just like rice. Two cups of water to every cup of quinoa.  

Cilantro Lime Quinoa

1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
1 Tbsp Lime juice
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro, you can use dry if no fresh available
1/8 cup of chicken broth

Add all the ingredients into a pan and cook until the broth is soaked up by the quinoa. This took about 5 minutes.
This meal is simple, filling and healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments:)