Friday, January 18, 2013

Quinoa Crusted Tilapia

Fish...Ugh!  I cannot stand fish normally.  I know you are thinking she doesn't like veggies or fish?  What does she like??  Oh you know pizza, pasta, ice cream, wine, chips, and anything that is bad for me.  Yep I am a fatty (not literally).  I bought Tilapia and told myself I was going to find some recipes that would make me eat it.  I saw a recipe for Quinoa Crusted Chicken and decided to google one for Tilapia. I found this and it was so good I ate a whole piece without gagging lol  I did change it up a little to give it some flavor.

Quinoa Crusted Tilapia

2 Tilapia Filets
2/3 Cup Cooked Quinoa
1/8 Cup Flour-I used whole wheat-You can substitute ground up almonds or oatmeal
1 egg beaten
salt
pepper
cajun seasoning
lemon juice
Canola Oil

Put the Quinoa, Egg and Flour in three different bowls or plates large enough for the filet's to fit flat.  I added a good amount of salt, pepper and cajun seasoning to the flour and a Tbsp of lemon juice to the beaten egg.  Heat the canola oil in a pan.  When it is ready you can splash some water at it and it will sizzle.  Take the tilapia and cover it in flour, then egg then quinoa.  Place it in the pan and cook about 3 minutes each side.  It gives it such a nice crust!  I might decide to like fish after all;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments:)