Friday, June 1, 2012

Going Gluten Free *tear*

When you think back to 20 years ago, food was so different than it is now.  Kids are bigger and develop faster, more people are developing allergies and diseases, it is almost scary! 

I'm like many people, I try to buy organic when it is affordable but have not really thought about gluten.  I have read about people going on gluten free diets and I always thought to myself that will never happen to me.  Somehow I was invincible to the affects of the bad food I eat.  Recently I have been experiencing some physical health problems.  I am a researcher, you ask me a  question and I will google it.  The more information about things the better.  So I researched and researched and kept coming across the benefits of a gluten free diet and as for the health problem I possibly have to cut out more than just gluten *more tears*.  Recommended is caffeine, chocolate (Gasp), gluten, wheat, sugar, bread, dairy, tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.  OUCH!! It almost seemed like the end of the world but honestly at this point I just want to feel better, not only that but I think my family would really benefit from it too!

It is definitely going to be a difficult process but I'm hoping to incorporate everything VERY slowly.  I will probably try one or two gluten free recipes a week and slowly work our way to everyday.  If anyone has any gluten free recipes or advice please feel free to leave it for me!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments:)