Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal

I know it isn't fall anymore and honestly who cares??! Pumpkin should be eaten all year long!  I have a pumpkin obsession.  I put this recipe in my crock pot this morning and it smells so good I am contemplating eating it for dinner:)



Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
2 Cups Vanilla Almond Milk (you can use any kind of milk or just water)
1 Cup Water
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
Add sugar as needed

You can make this one of two ways.  The easy way is the crock pot, it takes about four hours on low.  Or you can make it on the stovetop. 

If doing it in the crock pot just mix it all together and let it cook.

If doing it on the stove top make it like you would rice.  Bring to a boil then let it simmer till the liquid is gone. 

That's it, easy and you can keep it in the fridge and heat it up with a tsp of milk everyday!  Breakfast for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments:)