Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Brown Sugar Asparagus

I don't know about you but I LOVE asparagus.  It was on sale at Sprouts for 1.49 a lb this week,  say Whhhaaatttt?

Asparagus is usually so expensive I don't buy it but I wasn't passing it up. So I made our favorite Brown Sugar Asparagus. It is so good and easy peasy. Takes literally 3-5 minutes.

Brown Sugar Asparagus

20 asparagus spears with the thick ends cut off
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp butter

Heat the butter in a pan on medium. When it is melted add the brown sugar, salt and pepper. Stir them around until the brown sugar is a glaze then add the asparagus.  Make sure and cover every part of the asparagus with the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper mixture. Let it cook just long enough to get the asparagus warm, around 2-3 minutes. That's it! Asparagus is best crunchy so don't cook it too long. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I have never tried making it this way sounds yummy! Thank you so much for sharing at Pretty Things this week :)

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments:)