Thursday, February 14, 2013

Single Awareness Day AKA VD

Years ago I made a friend a mixed CD and realized I was making it on Valentine's Day so I wrote Happy VD on the CD not really thinking about what I wrote.  If you have an inappropriate mind like I do you realize VD can stand for many other things besides Valentine's Day...ya know like Venereal Disease. Yep I went there lol  It makes sense right??!  So anyway now every year on VD we joke about it!

I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day.  First off there shouldn't just be one day of the year to celebrate L.O.V.E.  You should be showing your loved ones everyday.  It is purely a Hallmark Holiday.  I know some of you love it and are thinking I am just bitter because it is Single Awareness Day for me.  I am not.  I have been with people for Valentine's Day and still hated the holiday.

I walk in the store and it looks like it threw up pink and red.  Don't get me wrong those colors are awesome but they make me feel horrible.  I am single and it was my choice.  You could have someone you love but isn't quite right for you, someone who you don't love but stay with or even someone you love but they treat you horribly.  I know we have all been there in more than one of those scenario's probably. 

My point is when you are single on Valentine's Day the whole world let's you know it.  I walk into a store or watch TV and it is a constant reminder.  Valentine's Day makes single people feel like it is wrong for them to be single.

I am single and happy.  Would it be nice to have someone to spend my life with?  Absolutely but even if I did Valentine's Day wouldn't be the day I show them my love. 

So today may be the day of love but make sure your loved ones know it EVERY SINGLE DAY!  Never take anything for granted:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments:)